Wednesday, January 27, 2010

smitten with sophie

every so often a new children's product hits the market and i find myself feeling pangs of sadness and jealousy. sadness over the fact that my two sweet kiddos are already too old or too big to be able to use said snazzy new item. and as for the jealousy, i find myself envious of all those new mommies and babies who will never have to know life without said wonder. a little dramatic perhaps. but true.

with bug, it was the bumbo seat. he was well into toddlerhood when they arrived on the scene. their impossibly bright and cheerful colors made me crazy with longing... tangerine orange, lime green, aqua blue. the bumbo immediately became my standard baby shower gift. i was determined to share them with every new bundle of joy i met. at least i'm still generous when i'm jealous, right? well, lucky for me (in so many ways), bug's baby sister came along. she gave me the golden opportunity i was hoping for to add a bumbo to our own overflowing collection of baby gear.

and now, lulu is entering toddlerhood herself. a sweet little girl with plenty of opinions and personality to share with the world. and i adore her. but i've been jealous again recently... her name is sophie. technically, sophie is a teether toy. for all intents and purposes though, she is the most unbelievably adorable toy i've seen in ages for the zero to twelve months set.

sophie is a giraffe. she is made of soft rubber. she is the perfect size for little hands to grasp and maneuver. she's got plenty of appendages for gnawing. and she even squeaks. how cute is she?



after all those years of frozen, clear plastic duckies and rings... i think you may just agree that sophie is heaven. i'm smitten.

the only thing more adorable? these two handsome little guys, caught by their mommies loving on their own precious sophies. thank you, mommies (you know who you are), for sharing the sophie love with all of us!

jb with sophie...


z with sophie (in his bumbo no less!)...


have you ever seen so much pure joy captured in two sweet faces?

want to find sophie for a tiny someone you adore? she's available in our new shop. or you can check out her boutique on vulli's website.

what were your babies' favorite things to chew on when pushing through those first few pearly whites?

7 comments:

Petits Choux said...

I had the exact same reaction to Sophie! She's adorable and Coco has always had a thing for giraffes. Kinda makes you want to have another one doesn't it...

All Things Family said...

hmmm....lucky for me I still have a little baby at my house.....maybe I can stop that yearning for another one anytime soon by just buying sophie for kellam!

Michelle Jones said...

Sophie IS cute! I'm having my own pangs of jealousy. But, I needed a few baby gift ideas so I'm heading over to order a few now. Did you send one to EE in SD? He might not need two!

Michelle Jones said...

I forgot to say that I'm mostly jealous that those two gorgeous babies aren't in my house! Just want to squeeze 'em!

The Grant Family said...

I sooooo understand where you're coming from! I feel the same way about all of the cool new baby stuff that comes out. I love your idea of using it as baby shower gifts. Lately I've been doing baskets of "My Favorite Things." Basically, it's all the things that I LOVED when I had a baby. For instance, I tried every kind of nursing pads and Lansinoh was my absolute favorite. So, I give them those and a few other favorite things.

Unknown said...

Yikes, we still have your Bumbo (loved it) that we need to return. Hard to believe how time flies. I've been amazed at all of the stuff our little Bootsie has outgrown already. As for her favorite chew toys; she wasn't discriminating. Everything goes into the mouth.

Lori

ms doctor u said...

ahhh, sophie has found the 'burbs! sophie is a must have here in nyc. everyone has one, it's ridiculous. we have two, and a third was given to us when nico was born!

our sophie only speaks french. have to use that BA in french for something!